GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) is one of India’s most prestigious competitive entrance tests for aspirants interested in post-graduate engineering or scientific programmes. This entrance test can lead to master’s programmes, such as Master of Engineering, Master of Technology, or Doctor of Philosophy, as well as careers in the public sector.
The Indian Institute of Science and the Indian Institutes of Technology in Roorkee, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Chennai, and Mumbai are in charge of administering GATE . Those who want to flourish in the field of engineering or get a position in the government should take the GATE exam 2023.
Anxiety can be helpful since it pushes you to focus on your goal and stops you from drifting from your route. However, some aspirants unintentionally become sucked into overthinking. It’s quite tough to break free from the vicious cycle of lament and regret, and it’s best to avoid it at all costs. Join the best institute for GATE Coaching in Chennai to crack GATE Exam confidently.
Important Do’s to remember for GATE 2023
1. All numerical questions should be attempted because there is no negative marking for incorrect answers in this section.
2. When answering MCQs, use the “remove the irrelevant/wrong answer” strategy. This method will allow you to narrow down your options.
3. The aptitude component should come last. Because this portion demands reasoning and intuition rather than technical thought or assessment.
4. Make a mental note of the relevant formulas. This will assist you in revising over the week leading up to the exam.
5. When taking practice examinations, strive to answer questions that need more than one topic or formula. You can figure out which formula works for different kinds of queries using this method.
6. Decide which questions you’d want to tackle first. If you don’t feel confident about solving hard or lengthy problems, it’s best not to spend too much time on them.
7. Effective time management and speed control are required immediately from the start of the exam. You should also carefully study the instructions on the admit card and on the question paper.
Important Don’ts to remember for GATE 2023
1. There is negative marking for incorrect responses.Only answer to the questions which the answers are known.
2. Avoid referring to more than two sources for a given topic, as this might lead to confusion.
3. Aspirants should avoid studying topics that are not on the syllabus since they may overlook revising topics that are on the syllabus.
4. GATE applicants should not study topics not covered in the syllabus to be “extra-prepared.”
5. Do not compare yourself to other applicants’ preparedness. Believe in yourself and be confident in your abilities.
Read our popular blogs
GATE XE Syllabus for GATE 2023